Because Sometimes More is More
A little while ago I assembled a list of various web sources to keep handy for whenever I needed to reference them in a post. I’ve kept them in an external page on my sidebar, and it’s to proven to be extremely handy and a time-saver.
The list isn’t very comprehensive, but includes the sources that I generally consider to be the most helpful. It’s also somewhat heavy on the male vs. female circumcision comparison, which probably shouldn’t be the main focus of intactivism, but ends up being a frequently contested question.
I’ve decided to share these links in post form for anyone who wants to read through them, reblog, and/or add to the list.
- Study Abstract - Influential 1996 study details the specific structure and rich innervation of the foreskin, which lost to circumcision
- Study Abstract - in-depth 2007 study details touch sensitivity differences between circumcised and intact penises
- Study Abstract - 2011 survey detailing increased sexual dysfunction among circumcised men and their female partners.
- Shane Peterson - Botched circumcision ordeal
- Shea Levy - Letter to the mohel who circumcised him
- twentysomethinghussy - Popular female tumblr blogger discusses the difference between sex with circumcised and intact partnersPopular criticisms of circumcision
Comparison with FGC
- Comparison Article - “Similarities of Cultural Attitudes and Misconceptions towards Male Circumcision in North America and Ritual Female Genital Mutilation in Africa by FGM” researcher and activist Hanny Lightfoot-Klein
- Legal Source - Reprinted text of U.S. federal anti-FGM law.
- News Article - American Academy of Pediatrics explores the possibility of performing a ritual nick as a harm reduction compromise designed to reduce cases full-scale ritual excision. The agency was forced to retract this statement due to heavy public criticism.
- Essay - “The Sexual Experience and Marital Adjustment of Genitally Circumcised and Infibulated Females in The Sudan”
- Essay - “Orgasm in ritually circumcised African women”
- Blog Post - A Malaysian mother details her daughter’s hospital circumcision, including graphic photos.
- Article - “Female circumcision: orgasm still possible?”