Here’s a collection of useful links to sources that will help you substantiate your arguments in circumcision debate.
- Study Abstract - Influential 1996 study details the specific structure and rich innervation of the foreskin, which lost to circumcision
- Study Abstract - in-depth 2007 study details touch sensitivity differences between circumcised and intact penises
- Study Abstract - 2011 survey detailing increased sexual dysfunction among circumcised men and their female partners.
- Shane Peterson - Botched circumcision ordeal
- Shea Levy - Letter to the mohel who circumcised him
- twentysomethinghussy - Popular female tumblr blogger discusses the difference between sex with circumcised and intact partners
Popular criticisms of circumcision
Comparison with FGC
- Comparison Article - “Similarities of Cultural Attitudes and Misconceptions towards Male Circumcision in North America and Ritual Female Genital Mutilation in Africa by FGM” researcher and activist Hanny Lightfoot-Klein
- Legal Source - Reprinted text of U.S. federal anti-FGM law.
- News Article - American Academy of Pediatrics explores the possibility of performing a ritual nick as a harm reduction compromise designed to reduce cases full-scale ritual excision. The agency was forced to retract this statement due to heavy public criticism.
- Essay - “The Sexual Experience and Marital Adjustment of Genitally Circumcised and Infibulated Females in The Sudan”
- Essay - “Orgasm in ritually circumcised African women”
- Blog Post - A Malaysian mother details her daughter’s hospital circumcision, including graphic photos.
- Article - “Female circumcision: orgasm still possible?”
- Press Release - Anti-FGM organization Clitoraid denounces male circumcision